Sunday, January 29, 2006

Kathryn, My Beautiful Wife

So here's my amazingly lovely wife Kathryn. We've been married for just about 7 months. We first met in a bar at a mutual friend's birthday party 3 1/2 years ago. Here's the story: The birthday party was being held at a place that is set up as a retaurant during the day and evening, then converts itself into a bar/nightclub at night. I got to the party early enough for dinner. Apart from the birthday girl Thelma, I knew nobody else there (nobody I knew bothered to show up for the dinner) and I didn't much like the group that was there for dinner. I got bored before long. A while after eating, when the dinner tables were taken away and the restaurant/lounge converted itself into a club/bar setting, I wanted to go home. So I told Thelma I was leaving, but she insisted I stay to meet some more of her freinds. Barely did she say this when Thelma motions toward a newly arrived friend. I turn around, and laid eyes on Kathryn for the first time. She smiled at me (because of my proximity to Thelma) and my life was never the same again.

While she works in heathcare, she is a talented musician. The plan is that she will pursue her music full time in college and university starting in a year and a half. on graduating, she wants to teach music.

No comments: