Wednesday, February 01, 2006


January 31, 2006: My new telephoto lens

This is a new lens I got a couple days before. It's a canon 75-300mm telephoto zoom. It's a nice lens, to be sure. The construction is not the best, being made of fairly thin plastic: I wouldn't want to abuse this one. Beside this, it's not a 'fast' lens: having a maximum aperture value of 5.6 means that in order to use this, it has to either be in bright light, use a flash, or be set at a slow shutter speed and attached to a tripod. But then, the only time I'll be using such long focal lengths will be outdoors anyway, either in bright sunlight, or in dark conditions, with a tripod. Given all this, I decided it's a perfect addition for the price. I haven't used it a lot yet, but I have to say I'm quite satisfied with the results.

No comments: