Thursday, September 14, 2006

Art


Apart from taking nice pictures for the blog and my personal collection, I have a few dozen pieces I refer to as 'fine art'. Of course Andy Warhol purposely challenged the concept of what constitutes 'fine art' quite some time ago. To some extent it's simply a matter of what I choose to designate as such. My personal criteria is that it meet a certain aesthetic that is meaningful to me. Further, it should evoke or convey either an emotion or concept that hopefully causes the viewer to think about what is being viewed.

This is the sort of thing that gets me truly excited about photography. It's a means to communicate in a way I've never been able to before. I have already posted a LOT of pictures already, this is the first time I posted one of my 'fine art' photographs. The image you see here is simply titled, 'Lilies'.

No comments: