Sunday, September 17, 2006

Yet Another Camera




Yesterday while Kathryn and I were out for a coffee, I stopped by Kerrisdale Cameras to see what they had. Specifically I was wanting to check the price of a lens hood for my variable zoom lens. By the time we got home, I had bought a used camera!


I sort of wanted to get one since my photography class is geared for film equipment, so it wasn't completely out of the blue. It's a Canon EOS 3000, which was sold in 1999, apparently meant for the Asian market. A film SLR, it's the body of the camera, and lenses attach to it. It looks relatively full-featured, especially considering the price I paid for it - $99. The nice thing is the lenses are interchangeable with my digital SLR.

I also setup a gallery blog for some of my art images. It's meant to be temporary, as I want to have a proper web gallery later on. It's not nearly finished yet, and Blogger cannot upload some images at the moment, but have a look:
http://www.ericsphotography.blogspot.com/. Feel free to check back later, I'm going to continue uploading more.

No comments: