Saturday, September 09, 2006

Not Entirely Clean

A tugboat in English Bay...

Today Kathryn and I went to Richmond Centre because a pair of jeans I got last weekend suffered a wardrobe malfunction. One of the buttons on the button fly nearly ripped off after I wore them one time. I got my $40 refund from Old Navy, then promptly went to The Bay to get a very nice pair of Buffalo jeans for $100 after tax to replace the pair I returned. They're possibly the most expensive pair I ever got, but I really like them. They're stretch denim, so I needed to get a size 31 to fit me properly where normally I'm a size 33.

The situation with the spyware continues... I did a couple complete virus and spyware scans, and it turns out my computer was infected with multiple viruses and malware. It looks as if a bad cycle got itself started.. a virus likely infected my computer, which installed a spyware program, which installed other spyware, adware, and viruses with its popups, thus multiplying itself. I managed to largely defeat all the secondary malware programs and viruses today. All but 1 of each, which I suspect are the original, core culprits that got the whole thing started in the first place. I'll see if I can finish this tomorrow...

No comments: